Friday 1 February 2008

Day 25

morning in Nelson, then drive to Renwick. Thought I'd take Keith into Nelson to show him a few of the spots Zack and I'd discovered yesterday, but because it was Sunday things were either shut-up or opening late. Ah well - saw a bit of the historic town, and pointed to this and that as we zoomed out of town and onto Highway 6. The road from there to Blenheim and the Marlborough wine region in Rapuara valley was a long winding trip. Keith insisted on stopping at Pelorus Bridge at the tiny craft-market, which was a winner in retrospect because we got my mum a lovely pottery bowl there with a kiwi on it.
We arrived in Renwick before lunchtime so had a chance to look for a B&B before it was too late. We ended up a delightful spot in the suburbs where we had our own kitchen with chooks outside the window and home-grown mushrooms.
Zack was fighting sleep so I stuffed him into the car, and deserted Keith, knowing full-well that in minutes Zack would be snoozing in the back (grrr.... little blighter). Instead of doing a 10 min loop, I thought, "what the hell, I wanted to do some vineyards, and Keith wasn't too keen, so I'll go and see what I like while Zee's asleep and hit 2 birds with one stone."
It was a winner : I went to Saint Clair and tried a few wines, and settled on the Reisling as a fave. Stopped at a chocolate boutique over the road, and bought a box for the sleeping hubster, and then wandered home along the vineyards.
Got back to base to find that Keith was still awake (grrr) and keen to go out, so we got ourselves together and drove up to Picton. Can't say it was amazing, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but I left Keith and Zack to go and take photos along the peninsula towards Waikawa and headed into an internet cafe.
Weather was rubbish, so their mission failed, and when we hooked up neither of us felt like hunting for dinner, so we just drove back to Renwick and went to bed.

1 comment:

Onehappyface said...

Hello, this is Siddhena from India,
I really like this picture and sand man you made. We have similiar interests like digital photography, travel, treks. my blog is onehappyface.blogspot.com
wd love to hear from u.